Saint Petersburg, Fla. (February 8, 2018) – Beach Drive’s BellaBrava Parent Company 2BHospitality’s President Thomas Sanborn announced today the top 10 recipe finalists for their Numero Uno Italian Recipe Contest.
Congratulations to the top ten dishes for the first ever BellaBrava ‘Numero Uno’ Recipe Contest:
• Joey Moore – Lasagna in Blanco con Funghi
• Ryan Anderson – Beach Drive Short Ribs
• Mike Deramo – Beef Braciole
• Debbie Reid – Lamb Bolognese with Creamy Cheesy Polenta
• Lorraine Fina Stevenski – Papa’s Pepper & Potato Frittata
• Lorraine Fina Stevenski – Italian Apricot Orange Coffee Cake with an Amaretto Drizzle
• Tina Zaccardi – Chestnut Mousse & Chocolate Espresso Ganache Tart with Honey Balsamic Drizzle and Caramel Dipped Chestnuts
• Christopher Rafter – Pasta Diane
• Guiseppe De Lorenzo – Caserecce with Swordfish, Fried Eggplant and Mint
• Guiseppe De Lorenzo – Fettucine with Smoked Salmon Sauce in a bed of Arugula
Each semi-finalist will receive a $50 gift card to BellaBrava; from these dishes three finalists will be chosen to compete to see whose dish will be granted the title of “Numero Uno”.
The final three dishes will be judged in a cook-off by St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman, Deputy Mayor Kanika Tomalin, St. Petersburg Foodies writers Kevin Godbee and Lori Brown as well as 2BHospitality President Thomas Sanborn.
The cook-off gives the finalists the opportunity to collaborate with executive chef Jeffrey Jew. The panel of judges are set to taste each dish to determine who will be crowned ‘Numero Uno’.
The winner will receive a dinner for four at BellaBrava, featuring his/her dish, as well as having their dish featured on the BellaBrava menu for three months with full credit given to the winner.
Two runners-up will receive a $100 gift card. Sanborn said, “We had some incredible dishes submitted and we look forward to tasting what each finalist has in store for us.”
BellaBrava: New World Trattoria is where our vineyard-lined dreams have come alive! We are overjoyed that the community has embraced us as the Italian Trattoria of Downtown St. Pete since moving to Beach Drive in 2010. Less formal than a ristorante, the service is casual, the prices remain low, and the emphasis is on a steady clientele rather than haute cuisine. BellaBrava has become one of the most popular and iconic restaurants on St. Petersburg’s Beach Drive.