Numero Uno Italian Recipe Contest
Momma mia! Are you a passionate cook that just loves everything Italian? Or did you grow up with an Italian mother or Nonna that had a special recipe that put meat on your bones?
Either way, this contest is for you!
At BellaBrava, Tampa Bay’s most respected New World Trattoria, we are looking for a genuine recipe to feature at our Italian restaurant. We are passionate about our Italian food and we want to see if your family dish has the secret sauce to be Numero Uno!
submit a photo with a title, recipe, and a brief story (history) about your dish. Entries will be accepted between Jan. 1 and Jan. 31, 2018
TEN SEMI-FINALISTS: Ten Semi-Finalists will announced no later than February 9, each will receive a $50 gift card for BellaBrava.
THREE FINALISTS:Three Finalists will be announced no later than February 16, Each will be invited to participate in the Numero Uno Cook-off, where they will facilitate cooking their recipe with Chef Jeffrey Jew and to present to local judges (St. Pete Mayor Rick Kriseman and Deputy Mayor Kanika Tomalin; St. Petersburg Food Writers Kevin Godbee and Lori Brown of St. Petersburg Foodies; and President of 2B Hospitality Thomas Sanborn) who will choose the winner. Runners-up will receive a $100 gift card.
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Date of finalists judging TBD but no later than Feb 28th. The winner will be granted the title of Numero Uno and receive a dinner for four at BellaBrava, with his/her dish as the main course. Their dish will also be featured on the BellaBrava Menu for three months.
- Dishes can be representative of any course (appetizer, entrée or dessert), but must be food. Beverage recipes not accepted.
- If chosen, finalists must be available to facilitate cooking their dish with Chef Jeffrey Jew at the BellaBrava kitchen.
- Finalists recipes must be shared with Chef Jeffrey Jew ahead of participation in the kitchen to ensure ingredients are available.
- A liability waiver must be signed in order to enter our kitchen.
- All entries are subject to review for originality.
- BellaBrava reserves the right to use and adjust the winning recipe for scalability.
- Each entrant is allowed a maximum of 3 dishes for consideration, however, only one dish can advance past the first round.
- Winner will have their name with the dish on the menu and be given full credit, but agrees to give all rights to the recipe to BellaBrava.